Mosquito Joe is looking for a few good men and women!
Come join the Mosquito Joe location in Montgomery County, MD and get your MoJo on!
Mosquito Joe of Montgomery County is hiring full-time and part-time technicians! Mosquito Joe provides services to make outside fun again for our customers. We provide mosquito control services to residential and commercial customers, repelling and killing outdoor pests such as mosquitoes, ticks and fleas. Our technicians are trained mosquito control experts who travel to customer homes to apply barrier spray solutions that keep their yard mosquito-free for 3 weeks. We also provide services for special events to keep guests chatting and laughing instead of scratching and slapping.
The Mosquito Joe Technician job is a part-time or full-time, seasonal position taking place during the active mosquito spray season, typically from early late March through the end of October. Typical spraying/work hours range between 6:30 am – 3 pm, Monday – Friday and some Saturdays. The number of hours worked per week varies by technician and may be anywhere from 15-40 hours, depending on technician preference and availability.
Technicians spray customers’ property per the Mosquito Joe policies and procedures. They are knowledgeable of all Mosquito Joe services and policies and fully communicate to customers the expectations, procedures and tips applicable to the service being provided. Training is provided.
Our technicians love the job as they spend every day outside, work in a great environment, meet some very nice people, and perform a job that changes people’s lives. All work begins and ends at our office in Olney Md. You will be driving the awesome Mosquito Joe branded vehicle provided by our office. Most days, our technicians work together as a team, but certain days, a technician is solo in the vehicle. People ** LOVE ** when you show up to service their yards and if you do the job right, you have autonomy in the field w/o a boss breathing down your neck.
Our technicians also say after a season working for Joe, they’re in the best physical shape of their lives. It’s outside work that involves some sweat, but you’re in the sun, not cooped up in an office and it’s not nearly as hard as landscaping.
What We Do
Character Traits and Skills
- Any pest control experience desirable, but not necessary. Must be willing to learn the business, accept training guidelines and execute all service in compliance with MD Dept of Agriculture rules as trained by Mosquito Joe.
- Valid driver’s license (reasonable driving record)
- Reliable transportation to work
- Comfortable driving to customer locations
- Good customer service skills
- Detail Oriented
- Reliable & Punctual (very important)
- No felony criminal record
- Visually inspect and treat for mosquitoes at the customer location
- Maintain good customer relations
- Take personal initiative and responsibility for correcting any problems
- Maintain high customer service standards
- Maintain chemical records per State requirements
- Participate in team meetings
- Complete licensing requirements and continuation education requirements
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to market business
- Thoroughly explain to the customer the expectations for service and procedures
- Able to walk customer property while carrying equipment weighing about 60lbs for long periods of time in warm temperatures
- $12.50/hour initially, as Line Technician when promoted to Van Commander $13/hour
- $100 Signing Bonus after 30 days with performance
- Seasonal Bonus
- Performance Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
- Higher pay possible with pest control experience or other professional certifications
- Opportunity to advance to full-time, all year, salaried positions
- Merit raises in subsequent years with Mosquito Joe
Please send a cover letter or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know why this job is for you!